Attending LuckyFABB this year in New York was an eye opener. Nothing could have prepared me for the magnanimity of the event and meeting so many A list brands under one roof. This has to be the biggest blog-meets-brand platform that exists. After two exhilarating days that were spent networking, taking notes and mingling with some fabulous fashionistas, I felt honored to be a part of Lucky’s inner circle.
- Use Social Media intelligently. Maximise the platform you choose to be on to it’s full potential. Instagram was the hands down winner for most speakers who emphasized how addictive it was and how they checked their Instagram feed first thing every morning (including Lucky’s Editor in Chief Eva Chen)!
I loved how P&G Beauty incorporated this social media mantra in the brand experience lounge:
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with new apps. Technology is your best friend! Use it wisely to enhance your content and widen your reach even further. At LuckyFABB we heard presentations and met stakeholders from new apps like Magisto (a new video app), Covet ( a new fashion app), Styletag and The Hunt (a community that tracks down the items you covet). Check them out and let me know what you think.
- Even divas love phenomenal deals and coupons! Yes, it’s true! Eva Chen and actress Kate Bosworth who has a new line at Topshop, both confessed to being closet coupon mavens who love online shopping and love it even more when they get free shipping!
Actress Eva Mendes who had to be the most popular celeb at the conference was warm, funny and everyone loved her honest banter. Eva said she love scarves because they are so versatile and is constantly on the hunt for one! By the way, Eva Mendes has a new line out at New York and Company, have you checked it out?
- Have an original voice and content that is relevant to your audience. Blogger BryanBoy, who is a HUGE success story, has to be the biggest example of this rule.
- Get the all access ticket! It’s so worth it. Not only do you get access to the staggering gifting suite, but also get to sit upfront in the first three rows and it’s a great experience witnessing everything so up, close and personal. At the gifting suite I connected with amazing brands like Modcloth, Julie Vos, Kendra Phillip, Yosi Samra, Poppin, Quinn, Galian handbags and L’Occitane. Loved every minute of meeting them and can’t wait to write in detail about each one of these fabulous brands.
Above and beyond, the biggest lesson for every blogger that was stressed by all was this: Be Nice. Two simple words that can take you very far in your career.
And yes, at the end of the conference, every blogger walked away with a massive twenty six pound swag bag! I’ve never seen anything like before, it’s beyond unbelievable and I’ll be doing a separate post on that next week, so stay tuned.