One of the hottest looks this season for Halloween is the ultra glam Gatsby girl – it’s simple, stunning and easy to execute, even for the busy girl on the go. Get it right in a few uncomplicated steps with Covergirl and the Vidal Sassoon Pro Series who asked top makeup artists Erica Whelan and Emily Kate Warren to share their insider secrets for creating the fab Gatsby girl next door!
Here’s how to get the look:
- Spritz a two-inch section of hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lift Hairspray. Using a one-inch barrel curling iron, curl the section away from your face.
Now gently slide curl off the iron so it holds the shape of the barrel, and pin. Repeat over entire head. Let curls set for at least 30 minutes.
- While curls set, prep skin with moisturizer, and then apply COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation with a foundation brush for even coverage. Set with pressed powder.
- Remember to dust your cheekbones with bronzer for definition — then apply rosy-pink blush to the apples of cheeks.
- Use bronzer and pressed powder to create a neutral smoky eye. Sweep pressed powder over the entire lid and blend bronzer in the crease.
- Apply COVERGIRL Ink It! By Perfect Point Plus in Black eyeliner to upper and lower lash lines, extending the line slightly beyond the outer corners of eyes. Coat top and bottom lashes generously with mascara.
- Finish with a red lipstick like COVERGIRL LipPerfection Lip Color in Hot and layer with COVERGIRL Lipslicks Smoochies Lip Balm in Tweet Me for a glossy look.
- Release curls and brush to create subtle waves. Smooth flyaways with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Extreme SMOOTH Combing Crème.