The winter refuses to wind down here in NYC and if you’re following Gotta Love Must Have on Facebook, you must have seen this video I posted about our latest snow storm. With sub zero temperatures and long, long winter days, if there’s something I am thankful for, it is my gorgeous, new Mariel Cowl Scarf and the Alanna Cardigan from Neve Designs.
A top of the line lifestyle and sportswear apparel brand Neve Designs creates trendy winter sportswear and I am completely in love with their craftsmanship. Combining European influences with classic American style, Neve’s inspired use of pattern and color is fashion forward a must have for the urbanista on the go. Neve’s collection uses ultra-fine merino wool, silk, down and cotton apparel and their accessories are a great mix of both style and comfort. I also love that as a brand they are committed to completely natural and biodegradable fabrics.
I’ve been rocking my Mariel Cowl Scarf during the last one week when temperatures have been below freezing and can tell you first hand that it meets both criteria for my winter gear – uber cool and ultra warm. The Mariel scarf is a riot of gorgeous earth bright earth tones – reds, oranges and a mix of white and gray. In short, it’s a complete showstopper!
It’s officially spring when Target releases their much awaited designer collab to welcome the new year with a new designer. This year, British designer Peter Pilotto, known for his eclectic prints and splashy colors has collaborated with Target and the collection hit stores today.
This time, due to the extreme winter cold here in NYC I wasn’t able to make it to my local Target early in the morning. By the time I reached mid afternoon, the only piece I really wanted from this collection, the printed blazer was sold out in my store. The other item on my lust list were the black check pants – these were available in my store, but the quality was kinda iffy. The pants are of a thin polyester fabric, unlined and felt flimsy when I tried them. However they run a tad large, like most of the collection. I also felt that the silhouette and shapes of this collection are not flattering on all shapes, so my advice is to definitely try the garment if possible in store to get an idea before ordering online.
At first glance, the clothes are a riot of colors and prints and that can be a little overwhelming – distinguishing pieces from each other and just finding your size in the chaos of Target is a challenge. As I was browsing, the shoppers kept coming in and grabbing multiple everything they could get their hands on. So my question is, are you planning to shop this collection or will you hope it hits clearance soon?
Check out the pictures from the rest of the collection here:
If you’re looking at one simple way to update you’re winter wardrobe, you have to jump on this trend NOW! Over-the-knee boots are everywhere and I don’t blame you if you’re crushing on them, because I certainly can’t get enough of this trend.
Pair them with your trusty skinny denims with a chunky cable knit sweater and you’re making a chic fashion statement in a matter of moments. Or wear them with a sweater dress and tights and you’ve taken a boring office look to a new level.
Here are FIVE of my favorite pairs of the moment:
How will you be rocking this trend?
The holidays seem to be busiest time of the year for everyone, me included. Between shopping, untangling lights, wrapping (or unwrapping) gifts, and baking dozens of cookies and cupcakes, your regular life doesn’t press pause. You can only read so many articles on ‘holiday hacks’ before you realize that unlike the miracle of Santa getting down a chimney, there is no Christmas miracle for making the holidays less busy. You can, however, find little ways to relieve the stress and smile more.
It’s no secret. Beauty sets are every girl’s favorite gift to give and receive. Who doesn’t love a set of luscious body oils or crave a Clarisonic to win the skincare battle during the holidays? Check out some of our hottest beauty picks this year and add them to your wish list!
- The Seven Piece Clinique Party Favors Set at Sephora is a great gift. It has four shades of All About Shadow in a mini mirrored compact, Quickliner For Eyes Intense in Black Honey, Chubby Stick Intense in Roundest Raspberry, All About Eyes eye cream, and A Different Nail Enamel in a cheery shade of fuchsia. All in a Wpretty pink and purple bag: $39.50 http://bit.ly/IFGa8A
- From Juicy Couture also available at Sephora, a travel spray trio of three classic fragrances that celebrate the Juicy woman. You can never go wrong with Juicy! $36 http://bit.ly/1beCYdT (This gift ships free with Code HOLIDAYSHIP)
- The Essential Eye Palette Limited Edition from Clarins has ten ultra-soft beige, taupe and brown eye shadow tones, in a variety of finishes, contour and highlight eyes. Great addition to your neutral collection. Plus, this palette was created as part of Clarins’ initiative to minimize our environmental impact, and features carefully-selected materials and reusable packaging. For $45 http://bit.ly/18kIOao
- The MIA Clarisonic which has been on my wish list for ages is now priced at $99 at Sephora. Every beauty maven’s must have: http://bit.ly/18g7pjK
- Pamper yourself from head to toe with this body collection by MOROCCANOIL, available at Nordstrom: $65 http://bit.ly/1gCUb2W
- Give yourself super glam lashes and brows with the DIOR Backstage Heroes set. What’s not to love? $59 http://bit.ly/Ir6uDN
Have you found any fab beauty gifts this year? Do share!
Remember the awesome contest with Hpnotiq I told you about? Hope you entered. If you haven’t you still have time and the prizes are fantastic. You could easily win a trip for you and three of your besties to New York City for New Year’s Eve to watch the glitzy ball drop in Times Square! How amazing would that be? The other prizes are as fab — 20 Effy diamond and topaz rings! The contest is open now till December 8, 2013, so do enter fashion mavens, because you can’t win if you don’t enter!