I absolutely love Target designer collabs – there are weeks and days when I live for them. I mark my calendar. I make lists. I countdown till the last minute. And this time was no different. Lily Pulitzer for Target has so many crave worthy items that I wanted for my new home. The accessories looked glam and chic – more importantly they were priced right. I was excited.
I made a list of my 12 Must Haves and posted it on the blog a little before midnight. In the past I know collections have started selling online a little past 1 AM and though some items may sell out, a lot of the stock is easily available till the next day and sometimes well within the next week.
At 1 AM EST I logged into my Target account and kept refreshing my window every 5 to 10 minutes or so. Nothing. The clock kept ticking. I dozed off on the couch. Woke up. Checked again…this went on till 2.30 AM…finally I gave up and crashed. Imagine my shock when I woke up at 7 AM to find that the Target website had crashed. The android app wouldn’t work. When I finally managed to log in on my phone everything was gone. Every single thing. I felt completely let down. I own at least once piece of every Target collection (since Calypso Bath – which incidentally remains one of my favorite collections).
I reached my store around 9.30 AM (opens late at 9 AM on Sunday) and it was all gone. Everything was picked over. I saw a few people walking away with at least 5 bags and multiple clothing items. There was no supervision or restriction on how many items one could buy. The collection had been displayed right in the front of the store. None of the accessories or home goods were left. Except for some of the clothing there was absolutely NOTHING left. I tried to take a few photos and was told by a surly and rude employee, “no photos are allowed”. Really?! The icing on the cake – I looked around and spied a couple of the totes behind the counter in the fitting room. When I asked, I was told they were ‘reserved’. By who? Is that even allowed? Are employees allowed to reserve designer collabs for themselves? Who bought it all within 30 minutes? Unfortunately there was no one to answer any questions.
In the past sometimes, Target restocks certain items after mid-day for limited edition collections. I came back home and around 1 PM I checked to see if anything was available or back in the store. I really wanted the floor cushion and it showed ‘limited availability’. Since there’s only one store in my vicinity, I trudged back and every single item from the Lily Collection had disappeared including the special in-store decoration. It’s like Lily for Target never happened. When I asked one employee about the collection and the special racks et.al, he said, “Honestly, I don’t know anything about it”, another shrugged and pretended not to hear me and when I repeated the question she said, “We didn’t get much and now it’s all gone”. So let’s read between the lines.
This has to go down as one of the most mismanaged launches for Target after Missoni and to say I am sorely disappointed is an understatement. I wish I had spent my Sunday enjoying the beautiful weather or was out brunching with friends – like one of the happy fashionistas in the Lily for Target ads!
Will I be be awake the next time another designer collection launches at Target. No.
Will I go back to the same store to shop it – probably not.
Have I been a Target loyalist? Yes.
Am I happy customer today? Far from it. Really far.
The Lilly Pulitzer for Target collection will be launching in a few minutes online now and in stores tomorrow morning. The collection is eclectic, whimsy and screams summer. This also your chance to shop for friends, family, and home – there are must have pieces for everyone. While we’ll be reviewing the collection in store tomorrow, so come back for pictures – here’s what we are craving right now!
Is there anything that you would love to get your hands on?
We’ve got ankle boots on our mind and can you blame us? This season there are so many fabulous styles and deals that they are totally on our gotta love, must have list! Whether you’re looking for a pair to party in, dash to work or simply take you from day to evening, you’ll find your favorite pair in this shoppable list:
- Call it Spring Collipace High Heel Booties: This cognac pair from JC Penney is uber stylish, pair with your fave skinnies, $69.99 (20% off with coupon code GET4YOU + Free shipping over $50).
- Lyla Gusset Pull on Bootie: British online fashion store Boohoo gets it right with this glam high heeled bootie with the metal accent – LOVE! $52.
- H&M has the perfect black ankle boots if you dig the rock chic vibe – this faux leather & snakeskin pair is only $34.95!
- Target has these tan babies from Mossimo for only $27.99 and get extra 30% off with code JOY30. These flat boots are perfect to pair with with tights and a chunky caridgan. Get them now!
- I love Sole Society – they make fabulous shoes that don’t break the bank and look really high end. These taupe suede pair called the Erlina is no different. At $89 they are a tad expensive, but look like something you would snag from Marc Jacobs or DVF. Check them out.
- The MIA Denise at 6PM is the perfect gray wedge ankle bootie that will take you from day to evening in a jiffy. Get high on style, without killing your feet at $40. This one has to be a favorite!
- DSW has the Fergie Knack boots ($69) which made me sit up and take notice – if you’re looking for something that will make heads turn, give these a try. The chic cuffed styling and edgy studded trim, make them totally cool.
- This pair from Dolce Vita has me hooked. The belted bootie is a fall-winter staple this year and this pair in black is perfect for work & play. Priced at $99 it’s on the upper end of your shoe budget, but is very versatile – pair with dresses, jeans, tights and make them your style staple this season.
- Saving the best for the last! Joelle Genuine Leather Western Ankle Boots at Target for $47.99 (reg $59.99) – save 20% on these gorgeous flat boots for a limited time!
Which pair will you rock this season? Share your favorite shoe find!
As a self-confessed handbag addict, this is one sale that is really amazing. Deux Lux is designer vegan handbag line that makes gorgeous purses – great to gift or score one for yourself. I have several of them (that I got from their last NYC sample sale) and can vouch for the excellent quality of these pieces.
Now Deux Lux is having a 24 hour holiday sale, everything is 40% off and you should definitely snag one of these babies if you are a purse addict.
Use Code 24HRS at check out to get anything at 40% + FREE Shipping (no minimum).
Passport cases + wallets start at $9 (inventory is selling out quickly so shop fast)!
Target Holiday Beauty Boxes are on sale now! Shipping is Free. Save $5 off $50 order with code TGTST8DR.
Men’s 6 piece box – ($20 Value), includes:
AXE Peace Shower Gel
Gillette ProGlide Flexball Razor – Full Size
Proraso Shaving Cream
Neutrogene Men Invigorating Face Wash
Dove Men+Care Dry Deodorant Spray – Full Size
Old Spice Swagger
Beauty mavens if you’re not all shopped out get in on these beauty deals – there are so many this year and believe us, each one of them is amazing and a great buy!
- ULTA Beauty #CyberMonday deals: Love the LORAC Cosmetics, Inc. Champagne Dreams Eye Shadow Palette for $15 and the Philosophy door buster for $25. FREE shipping on $25 + FREE Luxury Robe with any $40 Fragrance purchase. Also free 19 piece gift bag with any $60 purchase. Remember to get $10 off $50 with code 208707 (online only), till through 12/1. Ulta really has some of the best beauty deals this year!
- The Body Shop 50% entire site + Black Friday tote with $30 purchase + + Free gift with $50 purchase + FREE shipping, no minimum!
- Sephora: Get Mystery Sample Bag With Any $25 Purchase now till December 3.
- Laura Geller: Three-piece gift with purchase over $40 with code CYBERGWP. Love the EYE ESSENTIALS set ($50)!
- Nordstrom: Most of the beauty deals from Black Friday are still live including the $10 Philosophy shower gels. Remember they are price matching most beauty deals this year.Remember to check back for latest updates all day tomorrow. Will you be shopping Cyber Monday?